Plan je route
There are many ways to Smile, and there are many ways to Smile Safari! Rijbewijs of niet, we got you!
Coming from the north (Breda), possibly in combination with a day in Antwerp?
- Take the E19 motorway towards Antwerp; on the Antwerp Ring, take the exit E34-E313 (towards Hasselt/Liège)
- then take the first exit (no. 18), Wommelgem/Wijnegem (see below)
Coming from the east (Hasselt/Liège)
- E313/E34 in the direction of Antwerp; take the last exit before the Antwerp Ring (no. 18 Wommelgem/Wijnegem) (see sequel)
Coming from the south (Brussels)
- On the Antwerp Ring, take the exit E34-E313 (direction Hasselt/Liège).
- Then take the first exit (no. 18), Wommelgem/Wijnegem (see sequel)
Coming from the west (Ghent)
- On the Antwerp Ring, take the exit E34-E313 (in the direction of Hasselt/Liège).
- Then take the first exit (no. 18) for Wommelgem/Wijnegem (see sequel)
Continue from all directions
- exit (no. 18) Wommelgem/Wijnegem/Mortsel
- follow direction Wijnegem
- Wijnegem is situated after 1 km on the right side of the road.
- bus 410, Antwerp – Turnhout (this bus runs every quarter hour during rush hour) – timetable
- bus 411, Antwerp – Halle – Zandhoven – timetable
- bus service 412, Antwerp – Schilde – St-Job-in-‘t-Goor – timetable
- bus 780, Zandvliet – Wijnegem (this bus runs +/- every half hour) – timetable
- bus 140 and 141, Hoboken Polderstad – UZA – Mortsel – Wijnegem (this bus runs +/- every half hour) – timetable 140 – timetable 141
- tram line 5, Linkeroever – Wijnegem – timetable
- tram line 10, P+R Schoonselhof – Wijnegem – timetable
You can easily get to Smile Safari by train. Take the train to Antwerp Central Station. Then take bus number 410, 411 or 412 or tram number 5 or 10. These buses and trams all drive in the direction of Smile Safari and have a stop right in front of the shopping centre. https://www.belgiantrain.be/nl
Don’t have a car of your own? In Wijnegem you can rent a shared car via Partago. This electric car runs on solar energy and is located in the parking lot of community centre ‘t Gasthuis. Once you are a member of Partago, you can reserve your car via the app or via https://app.partago.be/#/.
Parking at the Smile Safari is free of charge on the parking lot of the shopping centre! At each entrance there are parking spaces for disabled people. There is also the possibility for customers to charge their electric cars and bicycles in our parking lot, near entrance 12. There are also bicycle parking spaces at each entrance on the ground floor.